CCC – without proof of China Compulsory Certification, many industrial goods are denied access to the “Middle Kingdom”. Since 1st October 2020, this compulsory marking has also extended to products with explosion protection. Therefore, all WIKA instruments that fall under the provisions have the corresponding certificate – “CCC Ex”. This also includes switches such as mechanical pressure and temperature switches.
China Compulsory Certification has been in force since 2002. The introduction of CCC was aimed at creating a uniform certification standard for selected goods with regard to the People’s Republic of China. It was also intended to ensure equal treatment of domestic and foreign companies and their goods in accordance with WTO rules.
Certification applies for domestic and foreign companies
At first, 132 product groups were covered by CCC. Since then, the products listed therein may neither be sold or used in China nor imported into the country without a CCC certificate. Accordingly, the certification requirement applies equally to domestic and foreign companies.
“CCC Ex” marking
Initially, WIKA’s measuring instruments were not affected by the regulation. This changed when China also included explosion-protected products in the product group catalogue. Since then, these products must be marked with “CCC Ex”. The necessary certification is carried out in a three-stage process. This consists of:
- type testing (assessment and certification of the Ex product)
- the factory inspection (initial certification of the respective manufacturing site)
- the annual monitoring audits after certification
Like every CCC certificate, “CCC Ex” is also valid for five years after successful testing, provided the manufacturer carries out the annual monitoring audits.
All WIKA Ex products that correspond to the listed goods of the CCC now have a “CCC Ex” marking. They can therefore be used for the Chinese market without any problems. The instruments include mechanical pressure and temperature switches, electrical thermometers (resistance thermometers and thermocouples) as well as float and tuning fork switches for level monitoring.
“CCC Ex” – Two switch series
The mechanical pressure and temperature switches consist of two series:
- Instruments with flameproof enclosure (Ex d) for measuring gauge pressure (PXA, PCA, MA, MAG, MAB, MAH, BAX, BA), differential pressure (DE, DA), absolute pressure (APA) and temperature (TXA, TCA, TAG)
- Intrinsically safe instruments (Ex i) for measuring gauge pressure (PXS, PCS, MW, BWX), differential pressure (DC, DW), absolute pressure (APW) and temperature (TXS, TCS, TWG).
See also our article
CCC for electrical thermometers